If you want to get more involved with engineering education research (EER), I recommend consulting the following sites. I’ve created this page for people who would like to either do research or be employed in the field of EER.
The Research in Engineering Education Network (REEN) is a great place to start — see our website at reen.co. You can find out about all journals in the field of engineering education there, for instance. You can also join our ongoing discussions on our LinkedIn page or follow our Twitter feed @BoardREEN.
Below are additional resources with all sorts of EER jobs, grants, fellowships, and funding calls.
- Marie Curie Alumni Association — Jobs page
- EURAXESS — Job search page
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture — Jobs page
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) — Jobs page
- ASEE’s Women in Engineering — Job page
- This site lists higher education jobs, most in the UK: jobs.ac.uk
- This site lists higher education jobs, most in the USA: higheredjobs.com
- Find A Ph.D. in Engineering Education
- Engineering Education Community Resource “wiki is a resource created in 2011 by the American Society for Engineering Education’s Student Division (ASEE SD), in collaboration with the Center for Engineering Learning & Teaching (CELT). The resource primarily consists of links to programs, centers, researchers, societies, publication venues, etc., intended to help in the exploration of engineering and, more broadly, STEM education.”
- A listing of recent blogs posted on the website of the European Society for Engineering Education (SEGI).
Below, I’m also sharing notifications I receive about EER job postings, PhD fellowships, and upcoming conferences that I learn about via emails or conferences.
Alan Brown (Ulster University) has a PhD opportunity for any suitable candidates you may know of;
“I have a PhD title in EER that is available this year in our annual competition. If you know of candidates who would be interested, please pass it on to them. If successful it will attract a standard DFE studentship for UK and Ireland nationals.
The SEFI Annual Conference 2023 is being hosted by our friends at TU Dublin, details are available here;
Annual Conference 2023 – “Engineering Education for Sustainability” – 11-14 – Sept 2023 – TU Dublin, IE